To be eligible for the SpaceResources.lu Challenge development phase, the Participant/Winner has to agree to the following:
The development phase (“Study”) will be carried out under the Luxembourg national space programme (“LuxIMPULSE”) that is managed by the European Space Agency (“ESA” or “Agency”).
The Study will be implemented through an ESA contract.
For the contract to be awarded, the winner will have to establish and register a Luxembourg-based company that prepares and submits a successful and complete proposal in direct negotiation with ESA, and that runs the Study afterwards.
The maximum value of the contract is EUR 500,000.
ESA will provide the winner with a draft contract based on the General Clauses and Conditions for ESA Contracts, ref. ESA/REG/002, rev. 2, 29 June 2015 (hereinafter referred to as “ESA GCC”) amended as follows:
- The winner will own and have the right to register all Intellectual Property Rights arising from work performed under the contract. In case the winner fails to apply for registration or abandons Registered Intellectual Property Rights or fails to exploit, the Government of Luxembourg or the Agency might require to assign the Intellectual Property Rights arising from work performed under the Contract.
- All Intellectual Property Rights arising from work performed under the contract will belong to the winner and shall be made available to:
– the Government of Luxembourg to use on a free, worldwide license with the right to grant sublicenses for its own requirements;
– the Agency to use on a free, worldwide license for the purpose of the Luxembourg national space programme and activities.
- The winner shall not transfer any Intellectual Property Rights arising from work performed under the contract to any entity outside Luxembourg without obtaining the prior written recommendation of the Agency and approval of the Government of Luxembourg.
- The Agency might need to have access to the Background Intellectual Property to properly follow and guide the project activities as well as provide all the help that the winner may need. The access to the Background Intellectual Property will be granted to the Agency only for the purpose of the contract signed between the winner and the Agency.
These conditions may be tailored to the specific needs of the Study.
Reference documents: General clauses and conditions for ESA contracts