Boost Your Innovative Space Exploration Business Idea Benefitting Earth!
Space exploration contains large potential for the creation of innovative applications, products and services, also benefitting Earth . With new topics and application areas arise countless possibilities for technology transfer and novel ideas for space-based technologies and their application in non-space industries, as well as new targets and opportunities for business.
“International and commercial cooperation is at the heart of Europe’s space exploration vision.”
David Parker, Director of Human Spaceflight and Robotic Exploration at ESA
Read the facts of ESA’s space exploration strategy below:
- Commercial & international cooperation is at the heart of Europe’s space exploration vision
- Space 4.0 era: It cannot be done alone by individual countries
- ESA space exploration strategy focuses on three destinations: Low Earth Orbit (LEO), the Moon and Mars
- The ISS is a shining example for international collaboration in LEO
- On the Moon (about 400.000 kilometres from Earth), ESA will drill below the surface in search of volatiles such as water.
- In a second step, ESA wants to demonstrate the use of resources to support future explorers
- Building a partnership with the private sector can help stimulate a sustainable space exploration and space utilisation economy. ESA offers its experience and technical skills.
- The ultimate destination is Mars. ESA will launch ExoMars 2020, a dedicated life-search rover that will be the first to explore the Red Planet beneath the surface using a radar and a drill
- As a stepping stone to human exploration of Mars, science simply demands a robotic mission to make the first round trip to Mars and return precious samples to ESA’s laboratories – there – and back. These steps will prepare for human landings in the 2030s
- International and commercial partnership is essential for complex challenges
- Exploration is much more than only science. It’s the ultimate proving ground for many technologies, such as efficient energy production, robotics, life support systems, resource utilisation.
TOPICS & IDEAS
Are you a Space Exploration Newcomer? Here you can find some notions and suggestions what kind of topics we were looking for.
The Best Business Case from a Space Technology Transfer
This award identified the best realised Non-Space application transfer from the ESA Technology portfolio for Space Exploration.more
The Best Business Innovation Idea related to Space Exploration
This award identified best new business innovation ideas for Space Exploration with destinations such as LEO, Moon, Mars ….. and beyond!more
PRIZES WORTH MORE THAN EUR 500,000
more than EUR 500,000 cash prizes
Great mastery with experts
Creation of space future
Stay tuned for 2018 submission phase.
First Space Exploration Masters Awards Ceremony Puts the Spotlight on New Space PlayersThe Awards Ceremony of Europe’s first innovation competition dedicated to space exploration on 16 November brought new business ideas and personalities on stage. The Overall Prize goes to SustainSpace –... Read More
Tel: +49 8105 77277-32
+49 8105 77277-18